Saturday 25 July 2009

Driving forever.

So, this is the blog for Day 2. I didn't get a chance to fill it in yesterday so here it is for today.
We got up in Riviere du Loup and it looked like a beautiful day. A half hour later, we discovered that the storm we had outrun had caught up to us again.

What is a fromagerie. Based on my impeccable observations, Quebec people eat in fromageries. I am assuming the staple of their diet is therefore cheese. But, I have been wrong before. They make a lot of windows and doors and their on-ramps need to be longer.

Today's mission is to get from R de L to the ferry in North Sydney Nova Scotia.

There are a LOT of trees in Quebec, New Brunswick and Nova Scotia. The highways were great in New Brunswick. There is a place in Quebec called St. Louis du Ha! Ha!--with the exclamation marks. I don't know why I find this hilarious, but I do.

So we drove and drove and drove in the rain for freakin' EVER. Trees and rocks, rocks and trees. And moose signs. I think moose are mythical creatures. The signs warn us all about them but I have never seen one.

We finally made it to the ferry. And we made it on time. There is a reason why I can't watch the Great Race. I would have a heart attack if I thought the contesants weren't going to make their flights or whatever.

Anyway, we finally got onto the ferry. Joel HAD to get on before this POS pickup with everything but the kitchen sink in it. It had a canoe, windows--they must have been through Quebec, a motorcycle, a table saw and a cooler. Joel hated them. They went too slow.

So, we got on and we had a 4 person cabin--for just the 2 of us. Sweet. It was so cool. bunk beds, a bathroom with a shower even, a teeny desk and a window (that didn't open for some reason). We got about 6 hours sleep before the announcement came to get off.

Off we got. I think it was about 6:45 or so. I have no idea what bloody time it is here. The clock in the car says 4:53 right now and it's either 4:23, 5:23 or 6:23. I haven't a bloody clue. There is something about losing an hour and then there is another half an hour but I have no idea if we gained it or lost it. They should have a big sign when you get off the ferry telling you what time it is.

So, we are at the morning of the 3rd day. I know this hasn't been the most exciting entry in the history of blogness but all we saw was trees and signs for moose. I swear.

No comments: